UCT GSB VENTURE INCUBATION PROGRAM (VIPWS17) IS NOW OPEN
THE UCT GSB IS EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE APPLICATIONS FOR THE VENTURE INCUBATION PROGRAM WINTER SCHOOL (VIPWS17) ARE NOW OPEN.
MTN Solution Space’s Venture Incubation Program (VIP), run through the UCT Graduate School of Business, is a keystone initiative that is designed to help entrepreneurial teams to test and validate their business models.
This is a 12-week, mentor-led program combines mentorship, workshops and a community of startups to create a holistic approach to testing and validating a business model. Run on a bi-annual basis, the program selects 10 startups based on a few key criteria.
What are we looking for?
Startups should be able to demonstrate the following;
- Initial concept demonstrates deep and intimate understanding of problem and market need/opportunity
- A Minimum Viable Product (MVP) ready to conduct early-market testing and further establish product/market fit
- Team has the right balance of skills/ability to build, test and deliver
- Founder must be the lead participant and attend on full-time basis (present at the Solution Space 30+hrs/week during the 12 week program)
- Entrepreneurs are hungry, committed, disciplined, doers, and coachable
- A desire to help other teams and contribute to the community as a whole
What do startups get out of the program?
A mentor led program run by one of the best teams in the South African startup ecosystems, valued at approximately R300k.
- Advice from seasoned entrepreneur, investor, mentor
- Free Co-working space
- Skills development from best business school in Africa
- Advisory Services
- Access to Funding
- Exposure and Recognition
INTERESTED? Apply here: http://bit.ly/2prFTMy